Teas of Integrity Organic Ceylon Tea
This is an aromatic, full-bodied, Idulgashinna single origin, black tea. The cool, slow ripening conditions create a light liquor, with a bright flavour, and a long finish. Store in a cool, dry place.
Teas of Integrity Producer Information
Idulgashinna Organic Bio Tea Estate – In 1987 this became the first certified organic tea garden in the world, and Tradewinds was proud to begin importing this unique tea, and provided additional support to the Idulgashinna social development project when it began in 1992.
The social development program at Idulgashinna continues to involve workers in all aspects of the management of the estate. This is raising the standard of living and improving education and health care. It is a radical departure from conditions on most tea estates, where there is a big gap between the management and workers, and where workers live in very basic conditions with poor access to education and health care.
We are now living in healthy houses with a healthy environment. Mrs WM Nirmala, Social Development Committee
- Fairtrade Certified
- NASAA Certified Organic
- Certified Pure Ceylon Tea
- Country:Sri Lanka
- Producer Group:Idulgashinna Tea Estate
- Tasting Notes:A full-bodied light liquoring tea. Aromatic with a bright flavour, and long finish.
- Certification Status:Fairtrade Certified; NASAA Certified Organic; Pure Ceylon Tea Certified
- Donation Type:
- Tea Type:Single Origin Black Tea
- Leaf Grade:
- Ingredients:100% organic black tea